Subject: Re: FR
From: [email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin)
To: [email-masked] (Lightwave)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 08:34:19 -0700

>Justin Barrett wrote:

>I find FR works wonders for all motions, not just close-proximity
>horizontal ones.

  I have gotten away from using field rendering. It was reccomended to me 
some time ago to start using motion blur instead. You still get smooth 
looking motions but dont get the artifacting that comes with FR. Also using 
motion blur along with soft filter, takes the hard edge off your animations, 
which reduces NTSC dot crawl, moray patterning (psychedelic pattern caused 
by thin lines close together)  and generally gives less of a CGI look and 
feel to your anims.  Make shure to render in 1 or as few of segment's 
however, because like FR, objects must be calculated twice for each 
rendering pass. 

--
[email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]